Carnival Cruise Line released a statement of changes coming across the fleet. According to this statement from Carnival these changes are being done in order to implement best practices and new technologies to reduce their environmental footprint. Carnival says they have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in new technology, equipment and training to propel their environmental stewardship forward.
Here is the list of changes coming aboard Carnival’s ships:
1) Eliminating most individual servings of packaged items like foil-wrapped butter pats, condiments, salad dressing, cereal boxes, and sugar (but excluding artificial sweeteners).
2) Eliminating various decorative items used in food/beverage service, such as steak temperature markers, toothpicks, umbrellas, stir sticks and olive picks.
3) Eliminating the distribution of all drinking straws, with the exception of frozen drinks, which will be served with an edible straw, wooden coffee stirrers will be replaced with stainless stirrers which can be sanitized and reused.
4) All beverages will be served in glass or reusable plastic tumblers; all to-go hot beverages will be served in paper cups with paper lids.
5) Shampoo and body wash will be distributed in pumps in all staterooms, suites and spa facilities.
6) Plastic water bottles are currently recycled, but they are exploring various alternatives that could replace plastic water bottles in the future.
According to Carnival Cruise Line some changes are already underway but more will be coming by the end of the year.
Want to sail aboard the newest ships from Carnival? Contact us for deals.
Share the knowledge
Save on Flights
Save on Hotels
Get a Quote
Terms & Conditions
Why You Need a Travel Agent
Trip Details Confirmation Form