We all have heard cruises are "All-Inclusive" but what exactly does that cover? Do you pay for accommodations, food, or entertainment? Do you get to use the spa or gym facilities? What about my must have coffee every day - do I pay for that? All-Inclusive can be all confusing so let's see what is and is not included on a Norwegian Cruise.
Sailing on the Norwegian Cruise Line is a wonderful experience. From the destinations the ships take you to -to the ships being a destination themselves. When you choose Norwegian as the ship for your cruise vacation we feel you have made a great choice. For all you first time cruisers or those of you who have never sailed on Norwegian Cruise Line we want to help you navigate what is included on your Norwegian cruise vacation.
· Accommodations (Also referred to as cabin, stateroom or room)
· Kids & Teen (ages 3-17) programming & spaces just for them. During sea days (days when you will be sailing and not docking at a port) until 10:30 pm and when at a port from departure (or leaving the port) until 10:30 pm.
· Meals in the complimentary dining venues (We have the extensive list we can give you for all dining venues free and fee)
· 24-hour dining (on select ships)
· Room service menu items (a convenience charge may apply)
· Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)
· Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)
· Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal fee)
· Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water
· All entertainment onboard (with the exception of dinner theater entertainment & character breakfast)
· Art Auctions (to watch is free to buy obviously is not)
· Poolside activities
· Access to fitness facilities
· Select onboard presentations
· Sports Court activities
· Use of outdoor pools and hot tubs
· In-stateroom TV programming (on-demand movies at a fee)
· Phone calls onboard the ship from stateroom to stateroom
· For solo travelers use of private Studio Lounge if staying in Studio accommodations on Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Pride of America, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Escape
· Suite Guests receive additional amenities, based on the category of accommodation.
All that sounds so good but what is not included on a Norwegian Cruise?
· Service Charges/Gratuities or Tips (price set by the cruise line and is paid before you sail or at the end of the cruise)
· Meals in Specialty Restaurants (unless you received specialty Resturant as a perk)
· Alcoholic Beverages (unless you have the drink package. Read all about Drink Package over here)
. Bottled Water
· Sodas and some other non-alcoholic beverages (unless you have the drink package)
· Spa and Salon Services
· Exercise classes
· Specialty Dining Entertainment
· Transfers (taking you to and from the ship when you first arrive and when you go home) (unless pre-purchased with air/sea packages)
· Shore Excursions
· Photographs taken by the cruise line
· Internet Access (unless this was a perk for booking)
· Baby Sitting Services
· Specialty Onboard Seminars
· Purchases from the Art Gallery
· Video Arcade
· Phone calls off the ship
· Wi/Fi (again unless this was a perk when booking)
· Laundry Services
· Medical Center should you need it. (Read our important tips for helping protect you and your trip)
· Government taxes, port expenses, and fees
· Convenience Charge for Room Service (This does not apply to The Haven and Norwegian Suites)
There are ways to save on your “pay beverages” like alcohol, soda, and even specialty coffees – by purchasing a drink package you can save some money. Read about Norwegians Ultimate Drink Package. You can also purchase a specialty dining package for a savings as well.
What is even better is Norwegian offers Free at Sea programs as incentives to sail with them. This Free at Sea will give you things like Free drink package, free specialty dining, free internet, free gratuities and possible even free air fare. As your trusted travel advisors, we can lead you through the process and find what is best for you! Note: Cruise lines change their prices, ships, and venues. This is accurate information at the time of this writing. When you contact us for your Norwegian cruise vacation we will direct you as to what is the current information.
Share the knowledge
Save on Flights
Save on Hotels
Get a Quote
Terms & Conditions
Why You Need a Travel Agent
Trip Details Confirmation Form